Do you ever feel like you’re just not centered? Or that your life is in a whirlwind and you need some down time to focus? But how and when – you have so much going on????
I have those times too. When I’m feeling like I’m truly wired and just need to come back down I have a few things I like to do:
- Breathe! Sometimes just closing your eyes for five minutes can help you slow your breathing and just calm down a bit. (Please don’t do this while driving however!)
- Take a walk – If you can even spare 10 to 15 minutes this is one of my favorites. Being outdoors has been proven to help re-energize you and bring you back to center.
- Try Yoga – Yup – I love yoga – and even though sometimes I’m more worried about if the pose is right than breathing it takes my mind off everything else. And in the end we get to do that pose where we lay down like we are dead! Who doesn’t love that! (Yup – I have no idea what that pose is called but it’s my favorite part!)
- Hug your pet – I love to hug the cat or sit quietly with her in my lap purring for a bit. There is scientific proof that a purring cat can help you calm and heal.
- Sniff some oils – that’s right! Sniffing certain essential oils can help you calm down and center. My favorites in those moments are Lavender, Cedarwood, and Frankincense.
I’d love to know what your favorite ways to re-energize and get centered are!
And for my favorite essential oils click here!